Do you know someone who has never been baptized, but has asked you questions about the faith? Or maybe someone who has been baptized in another faith has asked how to be a Catholic.
Our Rite of Christian Initiation for adults and for children run all year.
If you have questions, call Chris at 561-3580.
Baptism is a sacrament of faith. As parents, it is your faith and that of the whole community that gives meaning to the celebration of this sacrament for your child.
● For babies and children less than 7 years of age. (Children 7 years and older must be enrolled in the Rite of Christian Initiation of Children (RCIC)).
● The family must be registered members of the Parish either Our Lady of the Meadows or Holy Rosary.
● A firm commitment by parents to raise their children in the Catholic faith to the best of their ability.
● A copy of the baby’s birth certificate.
● Attend a baptism preparation session within the last two years. Qualifications of Godparents:
● An understanding of the role of godparent.
● Be at least 16 years of age, fully initiated into the Catholic Church -- Baptism, Eucharist and Confirmation and a participating member of a Catholic parish.
● Certification from godparents’ parish of eligibility to be sponsors is required.
The next Baptism preparation will be Saturday, September 22 (Noon to 4:00 p.m.) Parents and godparents are required to attend. Baptism preparation sessions are offered four times a year.
Please call Chris at 561-3580 to register..
Please pray for our children